What is HLJ Creative?
HLJ Creative is a Columbia, SC web design and brand development company founded in 2011 by Helen Lafaye Johnson. I create high quality websites and unique branding for all types of businesses and organizations.
What Drives HLJ Creative?
HLJ Creative was born in 2011 out of an interest in the web and a desire to create websites that sound right and look good too. Spending time with clients discussing their brand identity and online presence doesn’t feel like work – I really enjoy connecting with people, hearing how they got started in their line of work, and learning about where they want to go in the future. Helping clients grow their web presence is my passion: business growth, sales growth, growth in awareness, growth of followers, growth in online content, growth in unique website visitors, etc. – no matter what, growth is the goal.
I majored in Russian and Sociology at Wake Forest University and graduated in 1997. When I was in college in the early nineties, web design and development were in their infancy, so I didn’t realize that this is what I wanted to do for a career. Fortunately, I was able to have post-college job experiences at the YMCA of the USA, Lexington Medical Center, McEntire Produce, and The Blencowe Group that allowed me to tinker with building websites and designing graphics. In 2002, I graduated from USC’s Moore School Business with an International MBA, which gave me rich experiences living, studying, and working internationally.
What does the future hold?
Day-to-day, I set out to create an end product that clients love and that will help them accomplish their objectives. Long term, my vision is to continue to develop strong partnerships with talented web professionals to work together to produce superior and novel branding and web experiences.
When you’re choosing a web design and branding company to partner with for your business or organization, it’s important to know ahead of time if you have the same values when it comes to your online presence.
Are we a match? We are a good match if…
- You want to take the time to think strategically with me about who you are, what you represent, your business goals, and what image you want to convey to your target audience.
- You understand that creating a brand and a website is not always a turn key process if you want it to look and function the way you want it to.
- You’re willing to take the time undergo the process of developing the right “look,” impactful copy, and the latest functionality.
- You appreciate good design and know the difference between unique branding versus generic graphics.
- You enjoy making a personal connection with your web design company and want to know that you won’t be “passed off” to account managers and people who aren’t invested in your online success.